I painted a quick basic concrete style background to do some character designs on.
I really like the colour scheme of pink and yellow – it really stands out from the background, and should be fine on light or dark backdrops because of the outline.
I’m not a fan of the extra features in the same purple outline, or the purple colour in the mouth and eyes either. I think adding feet could work, but i quite like the simple look of the first one.
I did a quick expression sheet, the characters features can morph into whatever i need when animating, and they can move around his head wherever as well as they float above the face/head.
I did some experimenting with different features, these are the things that would set the different characters apart in my film – but could also include colour, size and other differences as well.
- The first guys nose.
- The second guys ears. His nose is cool too.
- The third guys horns. His nose is cool too.
- The fourth guys booties. His hair is cool too.
- The fifth guys hairy chest. His head hair is cool too.
- The sixth guys thick eyebrows.
- The seventh guys boots and eyelashes.
- The eighth guys ears and chest hairs and bags under his eyes. His nose is cool too.