I have made some steady progress today with the robot arm, cleaning up and finishing the design and fixing some more issues i was having. While i was building my model the pivot points ended up moving, for various reasons; sometimes when i had extruded an object or joined two together, but either way i ended up getting everything back into order again so that it wasn’t a total and complete mess!
So once i was happy with the completed model it was time to put the bone structure into the robot arm.
I have been really enjoying learning how to model and rig everything in Maya, although i often spend more time fixing mistakes I’ve made, which is still learning, but frustrating! especially when i am following a tutorial or something and i still mange to make a mistake – the upside of this is that i should be able to identify and solves more problems for myself in the future when working in Maya, but in the short term its just messing up my organisation and plans for this project, and time is slipping away..